luni, 25 octombrie 2010

Dreamworld (part I)

How far can one's imagination go? What can the human mind build with memories of images, sounds and scents? I almost forgot the most important ingredient: feelings or sensations.

I've gathered a great deal of this kind of puzzle piece over the years and every now and then they pop into my mind or even into my dreams.

Temples of silence - this is one my favorite places in the dreamworld I've created in my mind. The dosage of reality vs. fiction is different from one place to the other, but they all have the same effect: peace of soul.

The falaise in Mangalia, at the Black Sea shore is one of them. The view from behind the iron railing is breathtaking. I've built a dream place with memories from that place back in the mid 80's plus some images my mind caught from the world of the cinema. Maybe some of you know what I'm talking about so let me ask you this: do you remember how good was the taste of Pepsi, in summertime, in the shade of a restaurant terrace at the Black Sea, back in the old days? What about the shape of the old Pepsi bottle? Don't you wish you could go back there (place and time) at least for a few moments?

I've been trying to find some photos of that one place I remember so well, in my mind, but I guess I'll have to go back there and take pictures myself. I hope I won't be dissapointed by what that place has become in time, since the moment back in time when the fairytale-ish images were engraved in my memory...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu