vineri, 29 octombrie 2010

Winter's just around the corner...

November is just a couple of days away now and winter is around the corner. I can feel the winter, its cold and her mantle of snow. I tend to become a little sleepy in its presence and maybe a little bit ... blue.

I think bears aren't the only ones to hibernate. I think people do to. We're like passengers on a long trip, waiting quietly to reach their destination.

I don't hate winter, I hate snowless winters. I'm waiting for that fairytale-ish scenery with trees coverd in snow, a little fog and a soft wind like a kid waiting for his grandma to read him a story.

Call me crazy but back in the old days, when I was spending the winter holidays in the countryside I use to go out on the street, in the middle of the night just to breathe the cold air, to feel the snowflakes caressing my face, to see the smoke coming out of chimneys and to listen to the silence of a winter's night.

Winter is around the corner... I don't think I'm ready for it yet.

2 comentarii:

  1. "I don't hate winter, I hate snowless winters." Man - don't forget that snow killed your car, man! Snow and ... Ploiesti! :P

    Iova.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. "no snow tires" killed my car, dude ;)

    RăspundețiȘtergere