duminică, 31 octombrie 2010

Dreamworld (part II)

The dosage of reality vs. fiction is different from one place to the other, in my dreamworld. This time, I'll tell you about a more fictional place in my mind.

Temples of gloom - I've built this one over a few years. It's made of something I got from a song: Chris Isaak's Blue Hotel (on a lonely highway... life don't work out my way). I've ignored most of the lyrics and kept the tune and Isaak's voice. Then I've added the sun of a romanian July afternoon, the heat and a drop of high grass rustle.

In time, I've added the image of one of those american hotels/motels on the historic Route 66 of the 50's, an image built from those I've seen in movies.

Unlike in Chris Isaak's song, there is a human ingredient in this fantasy of mine: a blonde country girl (again, the movies) with blue eyes, cowboy hat and tight jeans. I bet I've lost most of my female audience after this one :))) At least those that aren't blonde :))))

I've let myself trapped in her realm a few times - it wasn't easy to fantasize that. I mean not to just imagine it, but to actually live it, like when you watch a good movie at the cinema. That's why I was so sad when I had to snap out of it :)

I'd be very disappointed if I'd make it to America again and I wouldn't get to see in reality a Blue Hotel like the one in my dreams with blue eyed blonde country girl like the one who kept me trapped in her realm :) At least I'd like to find out if Isaak had in mind a real hotel when he composed the song.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu