duminică, 12 decembrie 2010

I am Leonidas

I did it. 13 km (8 miles) on foot through my hometown. From West to North, downtown to South and back. After 10 years of nicotine and sedentarism, I decided to make a change. And today, I made a big step towards that.

It was a cold winter day, but that didn't top me from doing what I had in mind. I'm not a quitter ... I am a winner. I am Leonidas :) And, just like the Greek King I stood against one million of enemies: my demons. Oh yes, my "good" ole demons, that have kept me from reaching my goals for so long. Well ... not anymore!

I've been told so many times: you can't do it. It's too much for you to handle. In fact, as I was walking, I was seeing familiar faces smiling, laughing ... doubtful faces. Oh, well, I had times when I didn't believe in myself, so I wouldn't blame anybody for not believing in me :)

Fortunately, some people did belive I could do it. That's because they're winners too.

So I fought my way to the finish line, until no persian soldier was left standing between me and my glory. And I feel good... in fact I feel better than I've ever felt in the last 10 years. So, I'll do it again :) Who wants to join me? Any other winners out there? :)


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu