miercuri, 16 februarie 2011

Ich hasse...

It means I hate in German. Why German? Because it sounds more like ... hate than in all the languages I speak.
What do I hate? I hate people who choose to ignore you when you’re standing no more than 1 foot away from them, talking to them and decide to do something else on their computers. Why do they do that? Their most used excuse is that they can’t hear you because they’re concentrating on something else. The second most used excuse is that they‘re prioritizing... And yes, those are just excuses.

I say it’s rude for a person to do that. I say they’re cowards because they’re avoiding confrontation (as in talking to a person face to face). Why am I saying that? Because I’ve tried doing the ignoring thing and I’ve noticed 2 things:
-          I felt guilty for doing it.
-          I noticed the can’t hear you because I’m focused on something else thing is false, in 99.9% of the situations (the other 0.1% includes deaf people and daydreaming). Yes, I tried that - I had to see for myself if it's true. So, yes, I  know you can hear me, so stop pretending you can’t.

I’m sorry to say this, but the only solution is to return the favor. Yes, show those people you can play that game too. Do it until they learn their lesson and then keep doing it 2-3 times more, as if you would raise them in a game of poker.

What? It’s alright when they do it, but when I do it is not?

2 comentarii:

  1. daydreaming is so true :D... or being too tired... or feeling intimidated... or not knowing what to answer back... or, plane and simple: they're not interested in having that discussion!

    it's not working with playing it back, since this only shows that you can't think or see ahead of their "protective layers"...

    ...you need to connect with them, to make them trust you... bring something you know they want/need or they're interested in.

    know them... make them come to you, BUT NEVER DO THE SAME BACK.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Doing the same back is not being yourself. But, as being yourself is a tough job, I understand you, dear Hasser. Being myself is ridiculously difficult, I'm aware that my real self will never look for approval, but my pre-programmed mindsets contain already some sickish "see me" patterns.
    ps: "Ich hasse" e si-n mintea mea ancorat cu un scrasnet de dinti si frustrari. Keine Ahnung warum...

    RăspundețiȘtergere