sâmbătă, 26 februarie 2011

Life on Facebook - part 2

Is it me or Facebook is about to become at least as important as the messenger (Yahoo, MSN, AIM, whatever...)? I wanted to say as important as the cell phone but I wouldn't go that far ... yet.

At this point it's hard to imagine life without Facebook. I'm saying this as a person who has done some international travelling and knows people from other countries.

Saying no more Facebook is kind of similar to what happen then the fans learned that Friends was about to come to an end. I am thinking of this one reaction: how can we go on without Friends? Well, unlike in Friends' case, if this ever happens, I think Facebook will be replaced by something better. Did I say I think? I meant I hope.

What's better than Facebook? Video calls? Nope - not enough privacy. Phone calls? Nope - no pics. Meeting people face to face? Maybe - can't meet everyone, every day.

To be continued

2 comentarii:

  1. Better than Facebook - LIFE!

    Try to switch from letting your close friends know something via Facebook to actually calling them or sending an SMS, you'll see the change!

    Facebook is nice, but once it captures more than 1hr/day, it becomes dangerous!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Good point. But let's not forget that these days people have friends far away from where they leave. Calling / sending text messages is not so easy in this case.

    But again ... you're right. FB can become dangerous.

    RăspundețiȘtergere